Budlong is one of the leading MEP engineering firms in Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo counties. We pride ourselves in our growth as a company over the past 60+ years, our commitment to sustainability/innovation, and the relationships we develop with our clients.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Designer/Engineer to join our L.A based team.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- This position will support sustainability projects and initiatives for the Budlong team.
- Lead or support multiple USGBC Senior LEED green building certifications from the initial project charrette to plaque award.
- Manage all aspects of sustainability certifications and methods including but not limited to, LEED, Well, Net Zero, Energy Modeling for single and multiple building developments.
- Work with architects, engineers, and designers to prepare sustainability studies and sustainable designs for new systems, and to develop sustainability improvements for operation of existing systems.
- Review technical documents like building plans, specifications, and submittals to ensure that sustainable design intent and certification requirements are incorporated and that green and energy efficiency features are buildable.
- Lead or contribute to Budlong Lunch & Learns and meetings.
- Write or contribute to articles for our LinkedIn page.
- Develop internal standards & support L&D structure
- Mentor junior and mid-level designers
- Assist in the development of content for project proposals.
- Support client project goals and help to bring the most relevant, economically viable sustainability alternatives to project teams and our engineers.
- Review energy modeling efforts to help identify and target cost effective greening strategies and approaches.
- The successful candidate will have 15+ years in project management and communicating sustainability topics to clients, project teams, industry partners and the company.
- Significant experience in providing sustainability consulting services in the design, construction, and operation of commercial buildings and industrial facilities.
- LEED AP BD+C or ID+C accreditation is mandatory.
- Expert level of knowledge and experience with Net Zero and Energy Modeling
- LFA, WELL, Fitwell and/or Eco districts accreditations are a bonus
- Approach work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that demonstrated passion for the industry.
- Display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, and methods of delivery.
- Some experience utilizing LCA tools to analyze carbon impacts from building materials and systems is a bonus
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written form.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, urban planning, engineering, energy or environmental management, or construction
Our Gold-Star Benefits
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The benefits program at Budlong includes:
· Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
· Individual Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Training and professional development courses
· Performance-based bonuses
· Team-building events
· A generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO) and Paid Holidays
· Flexible schedules
· Work-life balance
· Wellness Benefits
· Employee Recognition
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an active employer to promote and foster a collaborative workspace rooted in respect and powered by authenticity. We embrace an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture.
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Work from home option
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place