Budlong is one of the leading MEP engineering firms in Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties. We pride ourselves in our growth as a company over the past 35+ years, our commitment to sustainability/innovation, and the relationships we develop with our clients.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr. Electrical Designer to join our L.A based team.
Some of Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead design aspects of projects and mentor Jr. Designers on an ongoing basis
- Work with Department Heads to suggest areas of training and development for the team
- Work with MEP Operations Managers to coordinate other disciplines assignments for your projects.
- Manage the production and delivery of design documents for your jobs.
- Attend kick-off meetings for each project in which scope, deliverables budgets, and milestone dates including allocated QC time are clearly communicated. Use the kick-off meeting agenda template.
- Report and escalate to MEP Operations Managers as needed when workload issues arise.
- Assure QA/QC reviews are done and followed up on all portions of projects, including cross-discipline coordination and responses to client and agency comments.
- Schedule and prepare for deadlines with a calm, methodical team approach, avoiding crisis mode.
- Keep project documentation up to date, including written communication to team members of changes to scope and deadlines.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of related experience
- Experience with design and coordination of complex electrical systems
- LEED experience and sustainable design knowledge a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide our full-time employees with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The benefits program at Budlong & Associates includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Individual Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Performance-based bonuses
- Team-building events
- A generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Wellness Benefits
- Employee Recognition
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an active employer to promote and foster a collaborative workspace rooted in respect and powered by authenticity. We embrace an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture.
- Remote interview process
- Work from home option
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place